Belfast CC Good Relations Fund now open
The aim of the Good Relations Fund is to support community engagement in the context of good relations work. This is the active process of making connections and developing quality contact between individuals and communities, for the purpose of challenging stereotypes, developing respect and understanding and building sustainable relationships, which transcend cultural, religious, ethnic divisions.
It aims to promote good relations between people of different religious and political beliefs and different racial groups with a maximum grant available is £10,000.
The objectives of the Good Relations Fund are to encourage groups through quality contact to:
- build awareness, dispel myths and stereotypes and address sectarianism/racism
- promote and encourage trust and understanding through dialogue, learning about others and developing meaningful relationships
- provide space to deal with the legacies of the pastsupport the transformation of local neighbourhoods into spaces that are safe, shared and welcoming.
Who can apply
The Good Relations Fund has been set up to help formally constituted organisations within the Belfast City Council area such as
- community development groups;
- minority ethnic groups;
- projects for young adults;
- faith-based groups; and
- other organisations involved in community relations, reconciliation and cultural diversity.
How to apply
For more information please contact :
The Good Relations Unit
Chief Executive's Department
Belfast City Council
Tel: 028 9027 0663
The closing date for applications is 12pm on Friday 24 August 2012.